FACE TO FACE
In time past days of Jesus-face to face with the living Lord.
1. Conversion of the Samaritans (Jn.4).
2. The defeat and overcoming of doubt and unbelief (Thomas)
3. Paul saw Christ- conversion.
Face to face will be a time of-----------
I Jn.3:2; Rom. 8:29; Phil. 3:21.
A. Perfection of Person (glorified body)
1. No more tendency of sin.
2. No more failure at all.
3. An eternal state of perfection.
4. No sickness---no death.
B. Perfection of Place
1. No more Satan
2. No more demons
3. No more lack
4. No more curse
5. No greater bliss in Heaven than "looking on His glory"
II. ASHAMEDNESS (I Jn. 2:28)
The possibility is very real.
A. For the carelessness of life as a Christian.
1. talents unused
2. privileges unaccepted
3. riches of Christ left unclaimed
B. For the stewardship of life as a Christian
1. Known unfaithfulness of self
2. Known unfaithfulness toward the church
It is really unfaithfulness to the Lord. If the church is failing, weak, poorly attended--it reflects upon our Lord. The church belongs to Christ. It is His bride.
C. For the results of the waste of life.
1. Ashes instead of reward at the judgment seat of Christ.
( I Cor. 3:12-15) (Luke 14:14).Some will suffer loss and be grieved.
2. Loss instead of gain.
Lay up treasures in heaven. Where is Gods tithes from your income?"
3. Silence instead of "Well done thy good and faithful servant."
4. Loss of full reward. (2 Jn. 8).
III. CONFIDENCE (I Jn. 2:28; 4:17)
This must be Gods goal for our lives. He wants the best for us. Our goal should be to be able to stand in confidence.
A. Confidence or boldness in this life is so important!
1. Boldness to be a child of God.
2. Boldness to speak or witness.
3. Boldness to stand for old time religion.
B. Confidence or boldness is possible at the Judgment Seat of Christ. We may have "confidence at His coming."
1. Stephen faced death- (Acts 7:59,60)
2. Paul-2 Tim. 4:6,7
Fight the fight of faith without compromise.
Run the course laid out for you by Christ
Keep the faith
It will be a solemn occasion when everyone of us will give an account of himself to God (Rom.14:12).
You can do nothing about yesterday but with concern and faith, we can do something about the present and the future.
Sermon From Bill Metters- Pastor
Fairview Baptist Church- Spartanburg, SC- USA