Philippians 2:17 & 18
My favorite Epistle of Paul's. We see in these four chapters the affection of Paul, the alertness of Paul, the aspiration of Paul, and the adequacy of Paul. The key word is rejoice.
I. Rejoice With Me
1. What -- rejoice
2. Who -- with me
3. Nothing is said about circumstances
II. Rejoice In Service
1. No rejoicing in idleness, indifference or indolence.
2. No rejoicing outside of service.
Service is not worship -- Bible--study -- prayer -- tithing. Service is to do in the name of and for the sake of Jesus.
III. Rejoice In Sacrifice
1. Another key to a joy with dimension.
2. Never known an unhappy person who had a sacrificing spirit.
3. It's commanded -- Romans 12:1-2
SERMON FROM DR. LAVERNE BUTLER